A sweet idea for Valentines Day is to make a heart memo holder - perfect for leaving messages for those you love. They are made from decorated wooden pegs (clothespins). Simply add a magnetic strip to the back of the peg to use on your fridge or magnetic board, or else stand it up on its base for a free standing memo holder.
- Heart punch
- Washi tape or decorative tape
- Wooden peg (clothespin)
- Printed Valentine’s message (we used a typewriter font)
- Double sided tape
- Foam squares
- Punch out a heart shape from the cardstock, and then decorate it with strips of washi tape in reds and pinks.
- Print out a Valentines message and cut it to fit one side of the peg. Tape the message in place with double sided tape
- Attach the heart to the top of the peg with an adhesive foam square.
Use the memo holder to display a message or photo. (Weren't my teens cute as little ones!) They can be used to hold place cards at a Valentine’s dinner.
Previously published as a guest post over at Omiyage.