If you would like to make one, here is the "How To". The cover is sized to fit a Samsung Galaxy S or iPhone 4 (you can easily alter the dimensions of the felt to fit your model of phone). The cover should be a snug fit so that it doesn't fall out of the cover.
- grey 1/8" thick industrial felt: - 3 1/2 " x 10 1/4" (9 x 26 cm)
- blue gingham fabric - 5 " x 5 " (12 x 12 cm)
- red polka dot fabric - 2 " x 2" (5 x 5 cm)
- appliqué film such as steam a seam or vliesofix
- black and grey thread
- On the middle of one of the short ends of felt, trace a semi circle (I used a 1 " diameter cotton reel as a template), and cut out.
- Trace the appliqué templates onto the paper side of the appliqué film, and cut out, leaving a 1/4" allowance.
- Iron the Eiffel tower onto the reverse side of the blue gingham. Iron the heart and flag onto the red polka dot fabric (as per manufacturer's instructions). Cut out appliqué shapes.
- Position the Eiffel Tower appliqué shapes on the top half of the piece of felt. Refer to photograph for placement. Press in place following manufacturer's instructions using iron on wool setting.
- Using black thread, stitch around the perimeter of the shapes using a scant seam allowance. Sew around each shape three times. Try not to stitch around the shape in exactly the same place so as to give a sketchy appearance. Tie off loose threads.
- Fold the phone cover in half with the wrong sides facing. Secure the sides with bull dog clips to hold the felt together. Stitch up each side, starting and finishing 1/4" from top and bottom fold. Over sew ends, and tie off loose threads.
You can find the appliqué templates here:
Edit: You can find industrial felt by sarching for "industrial felt" or "thick wool felt" on Etsy.
You can check out some of my previous smartphone covers:
|Felt Smartphone Covers|
|Crochet Smart Phone Cover|
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter (which is published every 3-4 weeks), you can do so here.