These Christmas Spice Cupcakes are so light and moist, and are perfect for Christmas without the heaviness of a lot of dried fruit. They look really festive in their red and white baking cases.
I love the retro deer and pine tree picks that I bought for Christmas.
I have baked a big batch and frozen them. Now they are ready to decorate for our Christmas entertaining.
150 g (5 oz) cake flour or plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda/bicarb soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
100g (3.5 oz) butter, softened
150 g (3.5 oz) dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons yoghurt
1/2 cup water
75 g (2.6 oz) dark chocolate
1 teaspoon instant coffee
Preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 deg F).
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer and add eggs one at a time, and beat well.
- Add half the dry ingredients and half the yoghurt. Mix well. Add the remaining flour and yoghurt, and mix until combined.
- Put the water, chocolate and coffee in a saucepan, heat until chocolate is melted. Fold this mixture into the cake batter and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture between 12 muffin cases, and cook for 18 - 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Ice and decorate as desired. I made a simple vanilla icing and decorated with silver cachous and deer picks.
For your daily sugar fix you can subscribe or you can follow us on facebook and twitter.