If you would like to make some you will need:
- fabric scraps
- metal washers ( approx 3/4 in or 20 mm in diameter)
- batting scraps
- Clover Yo-Yo Maker (Large) (this clever device makes yo-yo's a breeze!)
- Trace a circle that is 1 1/2 in diameter (40 mm) onto a piece of batting and then cut it out.
- Layer two washers in the centre of the batting and stitch in place.
- Make a yo-yo as per the instructions on the yo-yo maker. Just before you gather up the yo-yo, position the circle of batting in the centre of the yo -yo. Gather up the yo-yo and secure it so that the batting and washers are enclosed in the yo-yo.
- Stitch on a button to the front of the yo-yo.
I usually use a sticky tape dispenser or similar to weight down my patterns. Now I have much prettier pattern weights to use!