Here is a little fabric gift pouch - it is the perfect size to gift some jewellery or other small item. The inspiration came from a Japanese magazine.
They are really quick to make.
- 2 squares of cotton fabric 8 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches (22 cm x 22 cm)
- 40 inches ( 1 m ) white crochet cotton or similar
1. Position the squares of fabric so that the right sides are facing. Stitch around each side using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Leave a 3 inch gap on one side for turning. Clip corners and turn right side out. Press. Use a slip stitch to close the gap.
2. Mark 3 1/4 inches from each corner. Fold the corners in where marked and press. Stitch the corners down, 1/2 inch from the edge. (Refer to photo)
4. Cut the crochet cotton in half. Thread a length of cotton twine through the channels on the corners and then tie the ends together. Starting from the opposite side, thread the other length of cotton through the channels and tie. (Refer to photo)
5. Pull the ends of the cotton to gather up the pouch. Pop in your gift, tie a bow, and trim the ends of the cotton twine as desired.
Of course I couldn't resist adding a small tag - fortunately I had the perfect colour of Japanese washi tape to match :)
Edit: You can find some Christmas Pouches here.