Has anyone noticed that Men's clothing is substantially cheaper than Women's? It doesn't seem equitable to me, especially as their clothing uses up more fabric! It inspired me to remake some Men's PJ's that I bought from the local discount variety store - Big W - to fit me. Men's PJ' are often in boring colours and stripes but with the addition of some colourful fabric and trim, I have jazzed them up quite a bit:)
Here is what I did:
- Firstly, the PJ’s had their arms and leg lengths trimmed to fit, and a contrasting polka dot fabric band was attached, with ricrac.
- The Pants were too high waisted for my liking so I cut off the existing band plus a couple of inches to reposition the waist. A colourful drawstring was inserted in the casing, in addition to the elastic,
- to ensure a good fit.
- The buttons have been replaced with fabric covered buttons to match the polka dot bands on the sleeves and legs.
- The collar has been given a ricrac trim.
- Finally a star appliqué has been applied to the pocket.
All in all it was a fun remodel. It is freezing here at the moment so I am yet to try them out - my flannel PJ's are my preferred option.
Sarah and I recently participated in a Christmas in July swap that was beautifully organised by the super talented Linda and Stephanie! We were most excited to have Barbara from So Many Ideas, So Little Time as our partner. Here is some of what we sent her -
Posted by Lisa