I have been busily working on my projects for my pin cushion swap but can’t show and tell for a couple of weeks yet. One quick project I can show you though, is the Sew Simple Needle Case by Marina from Wink Designs and you can find the pattern here (http://winkdesigns.typepad.com/photos/sew_simple_needle_case/needlecaseinlinensewingmotiffabric-1.html). I used a combination of linen fabrics, wool felt, and trims for this project. Quick and practical – just the way I like it.
I have some lovely old vintage patterns from my grandmother that I wanted to show you. I love their charm and plan to frame a few of them to put up around my studio (hopefully I will have some pictures of that to show you next week).
Sarah and I were delighted to be awarded the Arte Y Pico award three times in one week!
We were awarded it by the energetic Tonya from PuddinPop who is a home schooling mother of 7 with a wicked sense of humor, who still finds time to sew clothes for herself and her children – an inspiration to us all! We also received the award from Wen from Arkerchi who has two beautiful daughters and makes lots of lovely crafty items ranging from hair accessories to shoes. We were also honoured by Kristin from Grace Violet (http://www.graceviolet.com/) who makes a range of beautiful sewing projects and has some great tutorials to inspire you. You must check out their lovely blogs.
We in turn would like to bestow this award on five lovely blogs that we enjoy to read regularly.
1. Melissa from What Knot whose blog is full of great sewing projects; recipes; tips for sustainable living; and great activities for the preschool set.
2. Jessica from Turkey Cookies who has great recipes; is growing her own veggies; and loves to craft (when she isn’t busy with study!)
3. Jill from Life with Nature Girl who makes great aprons and doll quilts and has a budding photographer in her young daughter! She is enjoying her summer break before heading back to work.
4. Julz a New Zealander from Julz Design who loves to quilt, sew and stitch! She has recently made up some blankets for children in Afghanistan.
5. Michelle from Leni and Rose who posts the greatest blogging tips and how to’s each week. She also makes the most adorable baby shoes, and a range of other sewing projects.
Go and check out these blogs – they are all amazing!
Erin from Girlz with Curlz also tagged us this week with a 5 thing meme. You must check out Erin’s blog as she has some great recipes (her mango salsa sounds delicious) and lots of great crafty projects.
5 Kind Things I do for myself:
Read, sew, bake, blog, and shop
5 Kind Things I do for friends:
Remember birthdays and anniversaries; give homemade goodies; telephone them; give dinner parties; and baby-sit.
5 Kind things I have done for a stranger:
Smile; give directions; baked meals for those in need; donated to charities; voluntary work.
5 Hobbies I enjoy (no surprises here!)
Sewing; quilting; baking; embroidery; reading;
I won’t tag anyone for this meme but please feel free to play along if you wish!!
EDIT: A couple of my links keep disappearing - is there a limit to the number you can put in one post? Anyway I have put them in manually.
Posted By Lisa